June 25, 2010–St. Louis

I have decided to heed the counsel of those most familiar with this river, and not proceed until it is below flood stage.  As this is expected to take at least 10 days, I will fly home to Los Angeles and wait in the company of my wife and friends, and the comfort of my own home.  Incidentally, St. Louis is not recommended this time of year, as the exceedingly hot and muggy climate makes nearly any action taken outdoors into a mighty struggle against lethargy.


Photos of my days in St Louis can be seen here.


This entry was posted in River Journal. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.